Lifelong Oral Health Care
at Venice Dental
at Venice Dental
At Venice Dental, the goal of our Woodbridge family dentistry is to help obtain a healthy, beautiful and lasting smile for all members of the family. From regular cleanings and preventative care, to a smile makeover with cosmetic dental treatments, our office can help you to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Dr. Dvorkin strives to provide excellent dental care to help you restore the function and health of your teeth. From Hygiene treatments and other general dentistry procedures, and cosmetic dentistry to dental implants, he can provide you the treatments you need to ensure optimum oral health. Our complete range of services includes:
Family & General Dentistry
Dental Care for Every Member
of Your Family
At Venice Dental, we are committed to the oral health needs of every single member of your family. By scheduling routine examinations and professional cleanings for your children, they are likely to develop habits that will help to ensure the beauty and function of their teeth over the course of their lives. We can restore tooth damage, treat discomfort, and help prevent further complications.
Family and general dentistry serve as your first line of defence against oral health problems. We provide primarily preventative care and minor restorative therapy. Regular checkups help you maintain excellent oral health. We offer family and general dentistry services in our
modern, welcoming office. From twice-yearly cleanings to standard tooth extractions, we promise a comfortable and positive experience for you and your family.
Through general and restorative dentistry procedures, we diagnose and treat dental issues relating to the health and function of your smile. We give families in Woodbridge, Ontario, personalized service and patient-focused care for smiles that last a lifetime.
Our family dental practice is a great starting point for comprehensive dental care. Call Venice Dental in Woodbridge today to schedule your next dental appointment: 905-553-3266.
Some of the general and family dentistry services we offer at Venice Dental include:
- Bridges: a replacement for missing teeth using pontics (fake teeth) and supported by attaching to the natural teeth or implants on either side of the gap.
- Crowns: a tooth-shaped cap that we use to cover a tooth in a number of circumstances, including a dental implant, cosmetic treatment, protecting a cracked or worn tooth, and more.
- Emergency Dentistry & After Hours Dentistry: dental injuries don’t always happen on a normal schedule or during regular work hours, which is why we offer treatment at short notice.
- Fluoride Treatments: fluoride varnish makes teeth more resistant to plaque and acid attacks and help teeth remineralize more quickly. Applying it takes only a few minutes and it’s easy to add on to a regular visit.
- Mercury Safe and Mercury Free Fillings: we offer the highest standard in filling replacements, removing and replacing old silver amalgam fillings that can leech mercury over time.
- Occlusal Disease Treatment: treatment for a bad bite can involve simple orthodontic treatments, mild reshaping of the teeth, restorations of worn teeth, or a combination of several treatments.
- Occlusal Night Guards: wearing a night guard provides a cushioning effect so that your upper and lower teeth can’t wear away at each other. It protects your teeth from external damage caused by grinding, such as chipping and erosion.
- Oral Cancer Screenings: early detection through oral cancer screenings have been shown to increase the survival rate to 80% and better, which is why it’s so important to have this simple test done.
- Sedation Dentistry: for patients who experience dental anxiety or dental phobia, we offer different sedation options to help make their treatment as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
A Healthy Smile is
A Beautiful Smile
Now more than ever, patients desire straight, bright teeth and are asking us how to achieve that. With the advances in modern dentistry the smile you want is closer than you Cosmetic dentistry refers to a host of dental treatments designed to correct chipped, cracked, discoloured, and unevenly spaced teeth to enhance the overall look of your smile.
At Venice Dental we provide cosmetic treatments to help you improver the look of your smile, in a lot less time than you think. We have solutions that will restore your smile! Some of the more popular cosmetic treatments performed in our office include:
Teeth whitening is one of the fastest and easiest ways to enhance your smile. The effects are long-lasting and can help you brighten a smile dulled by aging, food and drink stains or fluorosis. Your beautiful, pearly white smile can be restored with simple tooth-whitening procedures in Woodbridge.
Teeth require dental crowns due to cracks, old damaged fillings, or bite problems. A dental Crown is a custom-designed, tooth-shaped restoration that is fitted over the prepared surface of a damaged tooth to recapture the appearance and function of the tooth. A bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth and is usually attached securely to the existing teeth on either side of the gap.
Quite often the larger teeth at the very front of your mouth can be stained, broken, or damaged, lending a generally unattractive appearance to your smile. This can easily be corrected at our dental office with dental bonding. Bonding is a simple, painless and affordable procedure that has many uses, including: repairing chipped teeth, closing spaces between teeth, reshaping and covering badly stained teeth.
Dental fillings heal the damage caused by cavities, prevent further decay from taking place, and help you restore your teeth’s structure and strength. Made of a tooth coloured resin material, these fillings are made to match your existing teeth to provide you with a smile that looks clean and natural. With this resin compound bonding to your teeth, the seal is tighter and the restored tooth can be stronger than ever before.
Veneers are made of porcelain and custom- fitted to your teeth, Veneers offers a virtually painless way to repair crooked, chipped or misshapen teeth. They can also be used to cover badly stained teeth and to smooth out an uneven smile. Porcelain veneers are highly durable, thin porcelain shells that permanently fit over the front surface of your natural teeth leaving you with an attractive, natural-looking smile.The process of fitting and bonding veneers to your teeth can be completed in as little as two visits.
Also known as indirect fillings, inlays and onlays made from porcelain or composite materials are a long-lasting yet cosmetic way to provide a “filling” to teeth with tooth decay or similar structural damage. Dental inlays and onlays are restorations used to repair mild decay or damage in rear teeth. They can also be used to repair cracked teeth in place of a dental crown if the damage is not too substantial. Whereas dental fillings are molded into place within the mouth during a dental visit, inlays and onlays are created in a dental laboratory before being fitted and adhesively bonded into place by our doctors. Since dental inlays and onlays can be made from durable tooth-coloured porcelain, they offer a much more enduring and natural-looking result than metal fillings.
If you have complex dental problems and aesthetic imperfections, Dr. Dvorkin can design a complete smile makeover that will change the appearance of your smile. Whatever your circumstances or dental condition, we offer comprehensive treatment plans to help you get a more healthy, beautiful set of teeth.
By combining restorative and general dental care procedures such as full dental crowns and bridges with cosmetic dentistry procedures like teeth whitening, porcelain veneers and Invisalign.
Restore the Look and
Function of Your Smile!
A missing tooth can cause oral health problems, reduce self-confidence, and negatively impact quality of life. Dental implants restore a tooth lost to injury, infection, or extraction. There are a number of ways to restore your smile and bring your confidence back. An alternative to bridges, partials or complete dentures may be dental implants. Implants are used to replace missing roots and support artificial replacement teeth.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial root made of titanium metal. It is inserted into the jawbone to replace the root of the natural tooth. An artificial replacement tooth is attached to the implant. The implant acts as an anchor to hold the replacement tooth in place.
Who can get dental implants?
If you are in good general health, have healthy gums and have enough bone in the jaw to hold an implant, dental implants might be right for you. If your jawbone has shrunk or if it has not developed normally, you may be able to have a bone graft to build up the bone. A bone graft is a way of adding new bone to your jawbone. Your dentist or dental specialist will tell you if bone grafting can be done.
Caring for Dental Implants
To ensure that your dental implants last as long as they should, you should keep up with good daily oral hygiene habits. An implant can’t get a cavity like a normal tooth, but because it lacks the periodontal ligament between the gum and implant, the surrounding tissue can be vulnerable to infection. We encourage our dental implant patients to be diligent with brushing and flossing so that they can avoid problems like peri-implantitis.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the gold standard for replacing missing teeth. Anyone missing teeth understands that they sacrifice confidence and the ability to smile and laugh without covering their mouths in shame. The most obvious of benefits is the ability for greater enjoyment of life. But the benefits go far beyond this:
- Improved appearance and overall self-esteem: dental implants look and feel like your own teeth because they permanently fuse with the bone. They give you back your smile and help you feel confident in yourself.
- Improved speech: with dentures, the teeth can slip and slide in the mouth, causing slurring or mumbling. With dental implants, you speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort and convenience: because they become part of you, there is no more embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures or the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
- Easier eating: sliding dentures can make chewing especially difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods without pain. Teeth are supported by stable and robust implant posts that have fused with your jawbone.
- Improved oral health: dental implants don’t require attachment to other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth don’t support the implant, your original teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health.
- Durability: dental implants are long-lasting and durable. With proper care, they will last many years. Some implants can last a lifetime.
- Stopping bone loss: a natural tooth root provides continual stimulation to the bone surrounding it through force whenever you bite down or chew with that tooth. If the tooth is absent, this stimulation is lost, and the bone recedes. By replacing your tooth root with a dental implant post, stimulation is restored to your jawbone, halting further bone loss.
- Healthy remaining natural teeth: restoring missing teeth with dental implants protects your remaining teeth by preventing them from moving out of position and maintaining your natural bite.
Nitrous Oxide Sedation
Remain Calm and Relaxed
During Your Dental Visit
Don’t let dental anxiety keep you from regular dental care any longer! If you or any family member has a high level of anxiety about visiting the dentist, hates needles, hates the noises and smells associated with a dental office, they may be a candidate for sleep or sedation dentistry. At our office we offer to inhalation sedation, or laughing gas, to our patients.
Laughing gas, or nitrous oxide (N2O), is an odourless, colourless gas that patients can inhale through a mask placed over the nose. The gas, often pleasantly scented
with vanilla or mint, works rapidly. Patients report feeling relaxed, calm, and happy during use. As its nickname implies, laughing gas can sometimes make people feel giddy or giggly, but without losing control.
Sedation dentistry will allow you to remain calm, relaxed and comfortable during any dental procedure you may need. Sedation Dentistry will immensely benefit you if you have experienced any of the following while receiving dental treatment:
- Fear or anxiety
- Past negative or traumatic dental experiences
- A fear of needles
- A difficult time getting numb
- A gag reflex
- Problems keeping your mouth open
- Extensive dental problems
- A tight schedule and would like to accomplish
- Considerable dental care in 1 or 2 longer visits vs. multiple visits.
With N2O, Dr. Dvorkin is able to perform many procedures on previously anxious patients helping them to feel no pain or discomfort. N2O has the added advantage of being completely reversible, with no lingering grogginess. When a procedure is completed, patients are given oxygen to breathe for a few minutes and the effect of the sedation is completely reversed.